We are on the lookout for a talented PHP Developer to work on backend development for Magento and Magento 2 across a variety of ecommerce projects for a diverse portfolio of clients, spanning industries like fashion, automotive and manufacturing. Your responsibilities will include participating in all aspects of the website development process including planning, development, documentation, testing and deployment. Your day to day role will be autonomous and involve development, testing, technical design as well as dealing with the wider team and external clients. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in a fast paced and dynamic agency environment.
- To work on all PHP and backend development across multiple ecommerce projects
- Undertake coding to written technical specifications
- Ensure thorough analysis, coding, and testing of Magento’s frontend and backend
- Integration of client-side elements developed by frontend developers
- Build efficient and reusable PHP modules
- Development of new products, features and support/maintenance of existing products
- Strong working knowledge of PHP frameworks
Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks
- Experience with Magento development, architecture and optimisation is preferable
- Experience using SCMs for example Git in a multi branch development environment
- Commercial ecommerce or similar agency side experience
- Comfortable working with command line
- Knowledge and ability to develop/maintain relational databases such as MySQL
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding of HTTP, HTML, JSON, XML
- Highly competitive salary – Negotiable depending on experience
- Pension – Company pension after eligibility period
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus is often paid
- Holidays – 31 days including bank and public holidays
- Birthdays – Your birthday off every year
So why work with us?
We are a small but fast-growing digital agency who believe our people are at the heart of every success we have. Therefore, it’s our continued objective to ensure talent and growth are encouraged. You’ll be working with market leaders in the digital realm within a small but continually expanding team.
Email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com to apply.